Existing Member?

Kyms epic adventures

Merida, Mexico (4th and 5th July)

MEXICO | Thursday, 7 July 2011 | Views [362]

Merida was a cute little town with a typical square which had some traditional dancing and lots of atmosphere.  We have been pretty lucky with the rain (i.e) not much.  We found a few cool little pubs with some of there own special menu options and of course we had to do the tourist Mexican sombre thing.  But the main reason we went to Merida was to either go to Uxmas (and sorry Penny but I did not make it) or the cen-oy-tes.  SO we get a bus to these little carts drawn but the most undernourishes mini horses around.  They pull us along a small railway line through the surrounding forest, starling thousands of butterflies (beautiful)until we reached a small cave.  We headed down to the cavern full of fresh water. It was lovely with stunning blue colour.  Unfortunately we were there for about 2 seconds until this massive mob of english teenagers arrived and started bombing into the water.  So we left and headed to the third cen-oye-te which was definately the best.  It was a full cavern with only a small opening to let light through.  In the water was a beautiful light blue which looked like ghosts coming out of the water.   Gorgeous. The water was fresh, great swimming temperature, there were small bats and birds flying around.  A very nice day as it was so humid and sticky.  Then just as our malnourished horse brought us back to the car, it started pouring with rain, the first lot of rain we have seen.  WITH THREE HOURS OF HAPPY hour and 8 awesome cocktails for $20 we had a good day.

Unfortunately we then had a eight hour bus ride to Palanque 

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.