Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Keaka's Birthday

FRANCE | Thursday, 3 July 2014 | Views [500]

Hi Again Everybody -
 
    Today (Monday, June 23) is Keaka’s 14th birthday and he’s had a busy four-days of celebrating.  The intent was not to turn this into a family photo album, but family is a big part of the French experience.
 
    Last Thursday Marz and I took Keaka, his friend Arthur and Sophia on a two-hour canoe trip.  Marz and I had a great time, while Arthur got stuck in the middle of the constant bickering between Sophia and Keaka.  It’s my first experience away from only children, so it’s an eye-opener.  Check the photos and you’ll see the kids in front of the typical French highway sign at a river.  In this case it’s the Sorgue River.  The get underway in another photo..  And, that is Sophia, Arthur and Keaka under steam and making their way.  Oh, in another photo Marlene is relaxing at a river rest stop.
 
    Friday night Keaka had his three best friends over for his birthday party, which included an overnight.  I made pizza, not easy with improper ingredients.  And, of course, a birthday cake.  Somehow Marlene found an American-like cake and Sophia took care of the candles.  Keaka and his buddies (l-to-r, Arthur, Philippe, and Shane) get ready to devour the cake.
 
    On Saturday the group, less Philippe, went to Indian Forest, which has zip lines and all sorts of outdoor type challenges in the trees of a forest.  Keaka is strapped in and ready, while another photo catches the three boys up in the air.
 
    Keaka wanted my pork roast dinner for his birthday dinner, so that is what we had this evening.
 
    We’re packing and getting ready for our 8-day trip to Berlin.  On the TGV to Paris early tomorrow afternoon to catch the German Bahn overnight train to Berlin.  We’re staying in an apartment in a very small town well outside of Berlin.  So, get ready to see a little of Berlin and learn a little about Communist East Germany some 24-years later.
 
The Wilsons

 

             

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.