Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Barcelona #5

SPAIN | Saturday, 1 March 2014 | Views [196]

Buenos Tardes From Spain:

Yes, the apartment television is working! And, yes, we’re at the end of Thursday, Feb. 27th, our third full day in Barcelona. Mostly overcast today and about 12 degrees with wind, so it was a bit on the cool side (low 50s).

Lets go to the photos. The order seems to change in transmission, but let’s make a go of it. The family (less the photographer/tour director) standing in the street near the front door to our 2nd floor apartment. A quick photo of the building across the narrow street and a couple of buildings down. Very interesting look for a building constructed in 1716. The beautiful front door leads up the stairs to our apartment. There is a very small balcony off the living room, with an interesting view out into the narrow passage way (actually referred to as a street). Inside there is an outdoor like open area, now covered at the top by glass, and in one photo you’re looking down from the 2nd floor landing. Not too many steps away is a beautiful plaza, in which you see Marz and Sophia. And, just down the street is another plaza and you see three of us with the Barcelona City Hall behind us.

Photos of our aquarium visit (yesterday) are upcoming. How can we not show some of the about 50 photos taken by Sophia. And, we took the second double-decker bus tour yesterday and have more photos. The good news is that Marz and Sophia went shopping today, while Keaka and Iwent looking and there were no photos taken. Keaka and I jumped on the Metro Line 3 train and transferred to the Line 2 train and ended up well out to the east of central Barcelona at the beach community of Bodalona. You can look it up. We ran into a middle class area of Barcelona. It always pays to get away from the tourists, so you’re sure you see how the real people live. Tomorrow (Friday) evening we go to see Falmenco dancing. We still have the Montjuic cable car trip, a visit to the nearby cathedral and another visit to Sagrada Familia, but this time with the intention of going inside, still in front of us, to say nothing of the FC Barcelona football game Sunday night.

The Wilsons

 

             

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.