Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Tokyo

JAPAN | Tuesday, 27 March 2012 | Views [214]

 We’re at the end of Tuesday.  Took a number of subway trains to go out about 35 miles from the center of Tokyo to see what life is really like.  Checked things out.....saw one Caucasian all day.......wow there are people.......35 miles from the center of Tokyo there are people three deep waiting to get on a train just 5 minutes after the previous train going to the same location departed.....and, that’s at 3 pm.  Lots of bicycles parked at train stations.......not cars.  The typical person bicycles to the train station, locks it up, and gets on the train to go to work or school.  It just doesn’t look like many people have cars.  People do not eat nor drink out in public.  Certainly not on a subway train.  You never see a person walking down the street eating even a candy bar.  People here dress far nicer than folks in the United States.  Went to a reception this evening for 2012 Opening Series Japan for the Mariners and A’s.  Lots of people and food and drink.  The Mariners and A’s play their first game tomorrow evening (Wednesday).  Hope all is well at home.

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.