Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Australia #1

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 16 December 2012 | Views [170]

This is the first of a few reports from Down Under.  Had a great, but quick stay in Honolulu.  Just ran into many folks we knew in Kailua, including friends of Sophia and Keaka.  We voted 4-0 to move back to Hawaii.  Left Honolulu Sat morning and arrived here in Brisbane late afternoon Sunday (about 10 pm Portland time Sat) following a 9 hour flight, which wasn’t bad.  Great Marriott Hotel in downtown area on the river.  It’s Monday morning and I just got back from a run.  The overall impression of Brisbane is that it looks like Orlando or San Diego.  Ran through downtown and parts reminded me of downtown Honolulu, though much more of it.  Brisbane has a population of 2.1 million.  Ran through a great Botanical Garden and along the river.  Fabulous development along the river with a great boardwalk and lots of restaurants.  Going to breakfast and then taking the City Cat (a catamaran), which goes along the winding Brisbane River and serves as mass transportation.  Hot – hitting 88 today, but in the 70s most of the rest of the week.  No daylight savings time here, so the sun was up just after 4:30 am.  Interesting.
 
Trust all is well!
 
Ken (Marlene, Sophia and Keaka)

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.