Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Europe #7

ITALY | Sunday, 3 November 2013 | Views [190]

Okay, it all comes at you fairly quickly.  It really does not matter if you look at #7 before #6.  I’m just excited to get some photos onto each e-mail and to get the e-mail to head in your direction.
 
On the day we visited Bellagio, we continued on by ferry to see Varenna.  It made for a nice day, and a good bit of walking up and down hillsides.
 
Photo #1 – Keaka was fascinated by a mountain stream coming downhill into the lake, so we all went up the hill alongside the stream, thus the shot of Ken and Marlene just above the stream.
 
Photo #2 – We were just wandering and we saw a sign for the “gare”.  So, it was on to the train station.  Sophia, Keaka and Marlene grabbed a rest, while Ken explored the train schedule to see if a train would be coming soon.  If you get on the train in Varenna, you can be in downtown Milan in about 90 minutes.
 
Photo #3 – Ken was happy – a train came by.  The surprise was how old and dirty it was, considering most trains you see in France, Switzerland and Italy are new and clean.
 
Photo #4 – A look at one of the larger lake ferries, and one of the few that actually carried vehicles, as well as passengers.
 
Photo #5 – As was often the case, one of the main streets of Varenna was maybe 15 feet wide (with lots of steps).
 
Photo #6 – The main church in Varenna loomed over the city and an open square in front of it.
 
Photo # 7 – One of our favorite moments was sitting at a café on the Varenna waterfront enjoying some appetizers and drinks as the sun was setting.  That’s Keaka sitting on the steps at the edge of the water (we think the sail boat may have been staged Winking smile).
 
Milan, Venice and Nice upcoming. 
 
The Wilsons

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.