Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

Where is the time going?

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 1 October 2007 | Views [241]

Well since I last wrote a lot has happened, including us going to Cardiff to watch the ABs bomb out of the World Cup which was quite frankly horrible and a pretty grim drive back to London on a bus full of upset kiwi's. I have never seen Chris so upset - he didnt speak for about half an hour after the game. Anway I have stopped being hassled about it at work which is nice, it got to the point where random people who called the office would hear my accent and hassle me!!! So we were glad when SA took it out, at least we could stay in London! Was upset about it for ages, but have moved on now....sort of.....

Hmmm what else have we been doing.....we went to Amsterdam for a weekend to meet up with girls from Norway that we travelled with in South America. Now that was pretty cool. It was great to see them again, but also rather surreal as the last time we saw them was in Rio and then suddenly 6 months later we see them again in eurpoe and its freezing cold. We did a lot of wandering around the city and the red light district. Which was pretty crazy, it was really pretty at night with the canals and all the twinkling lights, but during the day it was a bit odd to see women in their underwear in windows and glass boxes everywhere. I really liked Amsterdam, especially its architecture - loads of leaning buildings and every one different in colour and little details, I of course took loads of photos of those which Chris tells me no one will be interested in seeing!

We went to a Foo Fighters concert a few weeks ago - I was so excited because I love them. They were awesome! We had quite a good spot in the crowd about half way and in the middle, but the best bit was when they unexpectedly lowered a round stage from the roof and it landed right in front of us!!! Dave Grohl was right in front of me and he was so close it was crazy, I almost had a beatles hysteria like moment! They played on the mini stage for about 40 minutes and it was pretty unbelievable to hear My Hero and have Dave Grohl within a few meters of you. And then to top it off they bought Brian May and Roger Taylor from Queen out to play a song. They are playing Wembley next year and we have booked tickets to that too. I say it every time, but BEST CONCERT EVER!!!!

It is getting pretty cold now, and dark at about 3:30 or something ridiculous - every day I look out my window and sigh and think if I were at home it would hopefully be nice weather and everyone must be having BBQs and I am in an office and its dark outside. The only good thing I can see about it is that London sure knows how to put its Christmas decorations up and they look great cause its so dark so early! I walk down Carnaby st every day and they have these huge decorations up all down the street, they look like those paper circle things we used to make when we were little, you know - the ones that are all linked together.

We went ice skating at Sommerset House last week. There is an outdoor rink, and it is in the courtyard thing of this great old building. It was so pretty and although I haven't ice skated since I was little, I am glad to say I only fell over once, and that was when I tried to launch myself at Chris in a Tourvil & Dean fashion and he neglected to catch me.... I am going iceskating again next week with work at a different rink somewhere in london.

We are going to see Crowded House on Sunday night, should be great...probably make me home sick though!!!!!

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.