Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

6 Months Already

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 1 September 2007 | Views [224]

On Tuesday it will be 6 months since we left NZ, doesnt feel that long at all.

We are finally feeling quite settled in, jobs ticking along nicely, Sky tv finally installed after a month of annoying bad service (important for furture grand slams etc) and I have found a vegetarian lunch place that is pretty much like Eds juice bar in Wellington, in fact it so simliar its a bit weird.....tasty stuff. All that we need now is for the All Blacks to win the world cup and everything will be perfect.

Speaking of the ABs we went to Edinburgh last weekend for the game against Scotland. We drove up and it was pretty cool to see more than just London and get a feel for geography of England. The game itself was okay but I was just excited as it was my first All Blacks game. Very cool to see it all unfolding in front of you. And in true small world style a guy from high school ended up sitting in front of us in a crowd of 64,000! In fact there were so many kiwi's there it was not surprising really. Everywhere you went were black jerseys and black flags - it was awesome. And for the first time I have thought that our flag should be changed to a black one with a silver fern on it, because thats all your mind looks for and associates with when searching for other kiwis at a sporting event. We're not dressed in red white in blue, we're dressed in black and white. Interesting....

So at the moment we are just watching a LOT of rugby, its great! We are planning on going to Paris next (PARIS!!!!!) but Chris doesnt want to go anywhere until the world cup is over for fear of not being near a tv, its okay though - I understand.

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.