Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

Brighton

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 16 August 2007 | Views [241]

Chris and went to Brighton yesterday for a bit of a wander about. And its true - Brighton rocks! It was great weather, which was odd as I had been wearing a wollen coat to work last week - but I am definately not complaining! And mostly it was nice to get out of London and go somewhere different. We didnt really know too much about Brighton, so it was cool to wander about and explore the beach front.

We did however find the rocky beach a bit strange compared to the ones at home. And inadvertently kicked stones into people who were lying down when we went to put our feet in the English Chanel for the first time (freezing, as you would expect).

We spent most of the afternoon on the Pier, which was great fun. There were loads of games where you try and win soft toys. Chris tried lots of them and in the end I walked away with two soft toys; a bear (from the golf game) and a purple and orange spotted lizard (from the basket ball game). But they have to be rigged as it took more than two goes to win the prizes... We ate a giant stick of candy floss and had fish and chips and enjoyed the English summer sun.

After the Pier, we wandered about the city trying to find the train station and instead found the Royal Pavillion, which is a very cool building that looks like it has lots of elaborate onions stuck on its top. Very cool!

And you can't go to Brighton without buying a stick of the Brighton Rock candy. In fact I got two....and was happy to see that yes it does say Brighton Rock through the middle. Love it!

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.