Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

A worker bee once again

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 12 August 2007 | Views [285]

My month of non work comes to an end tomorrow when I head off to Lloyd Northover to become an employed person again.

The last few weeks have been fab - caught up with LOADS of friends for lunch, lay in the sun in various parks all over London. And roamed around parts of exploring the city. And even managed to go to a beer festival for an afternoon (tried some 'real' cider - it was great but very very very strong). Also a friend who we met in Peru has been here for two weeks - so we have been unemployed together and that has made it even more fun. Nothing like having a partner in crime.

Today Chris and I got a fridge - had to lift it about 5 or so blocks and then take it home on the tube. Except when we got to the station they didnt want to let us through!! But we convinced them we could lift it and it would be fine - thank goodness as I am not sure what we would have done... needless to say I think Chris carried most of the weight, but my arms are very sore right now! We had some strange looks on the tube, and quite a few people laughed at us. But we are happy becuase sharing a small fridge with 5 other people wasnt really working out that well.

Anyway I had better go and enjoy my last few hours of freedom...sigh.....

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.