Existing Member?

7_Weeks_In_Bogotá My name is Kristie, and I will be spending almost 2 months in Bogotá, Colombia this summer to do volunteer work with kids. My goal is to improve my Spanish, so I will let you know how that goes! =)

What!???...ONLY 5 WEEKS!?!?!?

COLOMBIA | Sunday, 24 April 2011 | Views [590]

Hola,

Wow…I only have 5 weeks left until I go to Colombia! Que Bueno! I am so excited! I can clearly remember when I had 5 months to go, and I couldn’t conceptualize what it would be like to be leaving so soon. Well, I am in the final countdown, and I am so excited!

I have never been this excited to go somewhere before! I think it is because school is really stressful and difficult this year, and I just need some sort of vacation. Something to remind me that I don’t have to write anymore papers for a few months.

I have 1 week of classes left, and 1 week of finals, and then I get to go home to Wisconsin for a few weeks. Time is really flying. I just need to make it through this week, and then finals week will be a breeze.

I have been taking a Spanish class at my school, in addition to my other courses. My goal was to be able to understand spoken Spanish better, and I think I have accomplished my goal. At the beginning of the semester I was having trouble understanding mi profesor, but now I almost always understand what he is saying (unless I’m not paying attention) haha. This will be my last week of Spanish class, and I really hope I can maintain my current skill level for the month that I do not have class.  

Also, I started making a packing list. I was shocked when I realized how much I need to bring with me! I have NO IDEA how I’m going to fit it all into 2 suitcases…and to think I was considering only bring 1!! Yah right… But anyway, I got too overwhelmed making the list, so I stopped. I will add more to it when I have more time.

And for the sake of learning, here are some new verbs:

Envolver = to wrap

Desenvolver = to unwrap

Chau!

Tags: bogota, colombia, learning spanish, south america, spanish, spanish word of the day, trip preparation

About kristiek


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.