Existing Member?

7_Weeks_In_Bogotá My name is Kristie, and I will be spending almost 2 months in Bogotá, Colombia this summer to do volunteer work with kids. My goal is to improve my Spanish, so I will let you know how that goes! =)

Spanish Word of the Day!!!!!

COLOMBIA | Sunday, 10 April 2011 | Views [546]

Buenas tardes,

Ok, so I thought I could make this Blog useful (for myself and my readers), since it already has so many other qualities of a great blog...

So I have decided I will feature a Spanish word of the day, verb of the day, as well as a short phrase. I will pick words and phrases which I have never encountered before (or could never seem to fully remember). Because I only have 7 weeks (and 1 day..) until I leave, I really need to increase my vocabulary, so this may be something very beneficial! =)

Right now my Spanish level is intermediate across the board…meaning I can read, write, listen, and speak at that level. Basically what I'm saying is..I could use all the help I could get at this point!

So here it is, the first ever, Spanish word, verb, and phrase of the day:

Word: el abecedario / el alfabeto = the alphabet

Verb: quitar = to remove / to take off

Phrase: Me hace ______. = That/It makes me _____. You can fill in the blank with an adjective. Por ejemplo (for example): Me hace nervioso. = That/It makes me nervous. Me hace feliz. = That/It makes me happy.

Hasta luego!

Tags: bogota, colombia, learning spanish, south america, spanish, spanish word of the day, travel, word of the day

About kristiek


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.