Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

Berghain last night..

GERMANY | Sunday, 22 November 2009 | Views [759]

First I went out to Geburtstagsklub for a few hours, until 3am. Oscar and I walked to Berghain since it was so close by.  Coming up to this building feels a little overwhelming, the bass is thumping and you can feel the pulses even before you step onto the property.  This is Berlin's number one nightclub, it stays open for days, doesn't have a single mirror inside the place, and it resembles the bat cave.  

There was definitely a line, about 70 people ahead of us when we got there but it was moving steadily.  I guess we stood there for a good 20 minutes until we got in, to the side of us a patron was thrown out for ridiculous behavior I assume.  This girl was on the ground screaming and crying her eyes out, I couldn't tell which language it was but it was if she reverted to being 5 years old again having a temper tantrum.  That was hilarious to watch, but also sad because we all knew she was messed up on drugs. 

So we get in, and inside is a coat check and security pass, the security guys pat you down before you can come inside, no cameras are allowed, not even cell phone cameras. 

So I guess the rumors of having to wait in line for hours until you get in, that the security are assholes, highly selective, etc..  it really didn't happen in front of my eyes.  It feels like that part got skipped for me.

Okay this place is a giant GIANT building. The inside kind of looks like the Mako factory in Final Fantasy 7 when you first walk in, very industrial.  There are 2 dance rooms, one of which was playing deep minimal techno, and the other room which played hard techno.  I think I peed in the sink is what I can remember, I thought it was the men's trough !

I was kinda feeling the music, kinda not, a little on the fence with the DJ's. Don't get me wrong, I love minimal techno.  I explored the whole place, there's a lounge room, a dark room, everyone's in there doing their thing.  But after a while I really just wanted to go home, Oscar and I agreed to go and we left around 7:30am.  I don't even remember getting home, and, I don't even know why I'm awake right now.

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.