Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

DAY 6 - Copenhagen & Malmö, Sweden

DENMARK | Monday, 28 September 2009 | Views [272]

This weekend was great, Michal Glinka and his boyfriend came down to meet me finally.  Friday night we went over their friend's house in Fredericksberg and had dinner, the two Hendricks and Peter whom I met as well.  Friday night we went out bar hopping, the cigarette smoke was so overwhelming inside the bars but it was fun nonetheless. 

Saturday morning I checked out of Cabbin and met up with Glinka, walked over to Hendrick's place to hang out and also to stow my things away.  I had a giant hangover and it was a very tired day for all of us.  Michal and I went together to Fields mall which is located between Denmark and Sweden. 

That evening we all went out to party again, this time with less energy than the night previous.  The club we went to was big, it reminded me of the Middlesex in Cambridge and the DJ's spun great electro.  We went home after 4am, totally exhausted. 

Today Michal and I separated from the others and went to Malmö, Sweden for a few hours.  Gorgeous town, lots to see, but it was a Sunday that we went so nothing much was happening. 

We talked about culture and way of life in Scandinavia, working and education.  He would like to introduce me to some of his American friends who moved to Scandinavia to start over again.  I'll know when I'm ready.  Also, free school in Denmark? that's amazing.

 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.