Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

SEEDS - DAY 12 - SATURDAY 9/12

ICELAND | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [441]

It's Saturday, our day off ! I woke up to the most beautiful morning yet, warm and clear skies. Luca joined me in a hour long session of yoga. He has been asking me to teach him a few things since he has never tried it before, I was happy to show him. Lilya came by with her camera and snapped some professional quality photos, ones I feel that could be featured in a publication for yoga classes. I will post those photos up in my blog as well. Some of the group took off together to hike up the hills but Luca and I decided to hang out together by ourselves and hitchhike to Eggilstattidr for the afternoon. But before that he and I had lunch with a few of the WWOOFER's, we enjoyed Skyr with fresh picked blueberries from the nearby fields. Luca and I went to the neighboring town shortly afterwards by hitching a ride there and also for a return trip back to camp. We explored the small town, nothing to do there, only a few businesses and shopped at this great store called Bonus, it's so cheap there ! Flippa cooked up a delicious lasagna dinner for everyone and then we cracked open a few beers. The group started a game among themselves, but I wanted to continue to spend the day alone away from the group. Lilya and I are connecting better than I imagined, I absolutely love being around her and goofing around, feeling each other's personality and humor out more and more everyday. She reminds me of my best friend Moira Murphy, back in Boston. Lilya and I abandoned the rest of the group and took the sound system and beers with us because we wanted to make a dance party in the yoga room with those would would enjoy it. First we made off for the church up the road to join Julia, Emily and Dargma who were already inside lighting the candles in the windows. I haven't played the organ inside yet but I did that night ( I was hoping for an acoustic piano instead ! ) The girls laid themselves down along the aisle besides the pews and listened to me play some of my original material, it was a very special experience for us all. Now I'm back in the yoga room and we were hoping to have a dance party but the group beat us there and were already playing games, Mafia. I just chilled out in the corner, drank my beer, watched and zoned out.

 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.