Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

SEEDS - DAY 10 - THURSDAY 9/10

ICELAND | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [391]

Woke up to another vibrant sunny morning ! My mood is on the bright side this morning and I believe we are harvesting potatoes today.  So we continued to harvest the remaining patch of beet roots earlier today and then started on the potato patch afterwards.  It was pretty sunny throughout the day and then it became cloudy, gray and cold around 3PM.  After lunch we picked potatoes for a few hours, easy work.  There is talk about Saturday being our free day to do whatever we pleased (Woohoo!)  Sunday I believe we will be taking a field trip somewhere around Iceland and staying overnight at a hostel, somewhere.  Only one more week of work left, we leave Vallanes next Thursday, September 17th to return to Reykjavik.  I'm really looking forward to getting back to Reykjavik and gorging on tons of MEAT ! I have Denmark on my mind and also visiting Amsterdam.  I'd like to smoke a little (or a lot !) of reefer in the next few weeks.  with all this silence around me I've had too much time to think to myself about many different things, my family, my friends, my future.  The weird vivid dreams that I've been having each night here on the farm has been common among my peers here.  Lilya says that vivid dreams are common among travelers out here in Vallanes.  Today she told me that she went to her healer last night and had mentioned this to him or her, and what the healer said was that this is a form of cleansing or healing.  This land is very old, a priest has lived here, many events have occurred here in the past, and an old church is about 50 feet away, and the energy of the land is attacking our subconcious.  I believe it.  
    I think everyone here is tired.  Dinner is about to be served and I'm not in the mood to be social or to play games right now.  Wolves in the throne room.  Face in a night time mirror.  After dinner we had a discussion and a movie viewing about the economic crisis in Iceland and the environmental impact of the water dam built in east Iceland.  If you are interested in knowing more about this I would do more research about it because Icelanders are severely in debt and may never be able to pay it back.  
    Finally we got some beer in the house tonight and I'm drinking my new favorite brand, Viking (DUH of course, right?).  I'm heading off to the flower barn now to join the others.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.