Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

SEEDS - DAY 6 - SUNDAY 9/6

ICELAND | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [373]

Today was a very good day, we enjoyed a fantastic brunch made of chocolate-barley cake, Raspberry Skyr crepes, and barley pancakes.  I'm becoming a bit more agitated with the constant state of gas that I'm in from the barley but at least my body will allow itself to a shit now.  Today we drove out to one of Iceland's largest waterfalls (our 2nd waterfall now), Hengifoss.  It was good weather today, chilly and cloudy with small breaks of sun but when the sun did shine it was pretty damn hot.  The walk up the mountain took about an hour or more but that's becuse i took my own path away from the others to do a little independent exploring.  We also visited a forest nearby.  There is a long time running joke with Icelanders: What do you do if you get lost in an Icelandic forest? ------------ Stand up.  
This is because Iceland really doesn't have many trees and most of the forests you do see are planted by humans.  They're trying at least !
    I made a pasta dinner last night for everyone and played UNO with Lilya.  Fun times.  I really miss meat right now.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.