Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

SEEDS - DAY 5

ICELAND | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [363]

Woke up, gray day and cold.  I had breakfast and dying to take a dip in the hot pot, if there is one around here.  I really haven't had much time, no I lied, I've had a little time but I haven't made much with my music while I've been here thus far, it will come to me..
    A few of us ventured up a long path towards the horses and we stopped there to talk to them and take photos.  They're very tame creatures, hardly make any noise at all.  We passed by some pretty unique rock formations covered in lichens and also took some neat photos.  The river lake with the monster was in view but not reachable, yet.  So we picked blueberries and traveled a bit further until time came to head back for lunch.  Luca and Aya prepared that with MORE barley = FARTY !!
    And so we all hiked to the river lake where the legendary sea monster lives.  When we got there all we saw was serene beauty and dramatic landscape, white beach rocks and milky white water.  I took many photos, some arty and some not, I'm beginning to enjoy the company in my work group as the hours go on but I am also starting to feel like I need my alone time right now . We didn't see any sea monster unfortunately...
    Dinner was scrumptious as usual, wth barley (more fucking barley!!), beets, field mushrooms picked by one of our camp people, homemade bread, and for dessert fresh Icelandic blueberries with Skyr (yogurt).  This vegetarian diet is pretty nice actually, I feel lighter in weight and somewhat more healthy and I'm consuming my vitamins right along with it.  But the gas that follows soon thereafter is a nightmare, everyone is so farty!  I managed to take a dump in the barn bathroom away from everyone because you can hear everything in this house.  I cannot wait for my second.  
    I took a nap for an hour, helped clean the house and then we all put on our things and went to the yoga room to play a game of MAFIA.  I've never heard of the game but it was fun.  A group of us in a circle, about 15 or so played.  The story teller passed out a card from a deck of playing cards to each person.  You look at your card but no one else can see.  Kings are Mafia, Ace is sherrif, Queen is doctor and Jack is a priest.  There were 3 mafia playing.  The storyteller narrates by telling people to shut their eyes and mafia awaken to choose their victim.  Eyes closed again, then sheriff's turn, and so on.  The point of the game is elimination until all 3 mafia are dead or all 3 mafia and 3 villagers are left playing.  I really enjoyed it.  Went to bed after that.

 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.