Existing Member?

KPowintheworld

Sihanoukville sucks you in

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 9 March 2014 | Views [1411]

Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville

Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville

Sihanoukville was my next stop, on the South-Western coast. The idea was just to spend maybe a day on the beach and a day diving. A week later, somehow I was still there-and this is a very common story. Already some people I‘d met had made me vow to make a trip to the nearby island of Koh Rong, insisiting it was far superior to Sihanoukville. And it was, so I’ll make a separate story for it.
In Sihanoukville, honestly, I did a lot of beach lounging and drinking and not much more. I also did some boat drinking-my first booze cruise ever!!! Despite the girls I’d met the night before who’d promised to be there and didn’t show, I decided to stick with and am sooo glad for it. The cruise itself was hilarious and insane, though I (stupidly) only brought a few dollars so was a bit limited in my drinking (don’t worry, I borrowed from some new friends a bit!). We got some swimming in, some drinking games, etc etc. It was really fun and there I met the friends I ended up going to Koh Rong with. But that’s another story. Haha.
Basically, Sihanoukville is a little beach party town, good for a couple nights for me but not much longer. After Koh Rong I moved to a quieter area of the beach and just kind of relaxed.

Tags: beaches, partying, suntanning

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.