Existing Member?

KPowintheworld

I'm in Thailand!!

THAILAND | Monday, 17 February 2014 | Views [460]

First tuktuk ride!

First tuktuk ride!

Thailand!!!!! I've been here almost two weeks already and haven't updated! Woops! I think I've updated a few of you individually at least but here's what I've been up to...

I started out in Bangkok but won't go into too much detail because, honestly, was not too impressed. The vibe on Kaosan Road area is pretty cool and the street food amaaazing but I've heard it's much cheaper and even more amazing elsewhere. Also it gets tiring really quickly fending off tuktuk/taxi drivers, tour operators etc trying to sell you things/scam you.

Ok and I'll be totally honest here, the wound's had a bit of time to heal...I've been majorly scammed already! *Sigh* I'm not going to explain the whole thing here but it was an elaborate one called the Tuktuk scam, you can google it and get an idea of what happened. I was upset about it, of course, but realised pretty quickly that there was no way I could have seen through it without someone directly having told me about this particular scam aaaand as literally EVERYONE keeps telling me, it happens to everyone in Thailand at some point. Live and learn, I guess! And it could have been much, much worse than it was. Anyway I'm much more wary now and sadly, quite a bit less trusting.

Travellers to Thailand (especially Bangkok!!) beware friendly Thai strangers!

Tags: bangkok, scam, street food, thailand

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.