Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

The Cost of War

MALAYSIA | Friday, 26 February 2010 | Views [144]

Over 5000 US soldiers dead, over 100,000 Iraqis and 5 million children left orphaned from the war.  Doesn't really matter how many or from where thought because really we're all the same and 1 dead is 1 too many.  Since 2001 the U.S. has spent 964 million the war-with that number increasing by the second.

These lives cannot be given back, these children not easily looked after and loved, this debt not easily canceled. How can this be justified?  How can we say that 100,000 Iraqis dead and 5 million orphaned free the Iraqi people?  How can we continue to spend money we don't have on more weapons to kill more people?

Rightfully we are saddened-saddened to the point of anger.  I pray that this anger can be healthy-creatively channeled into action with the purpose of peace, unity and love.  That we can only try and outweigh the bad in this world with good.  That we can capture moments of peace, connectedness and love each day and keep this anger from filling our hearts with bitterness, fear, or robbing our hearts of hope. 

For I believe there is still more good than bad in this world and as we travel this year and seek out the good in each place I only hope this belief is confirmed-it has been so far.

Within the past 2 days we have met Malaysians on the street who have said, it doesn't matter where you're from or what color your skin is-WE ARE ALL THE SAME, "fuck war".  I have given and received 100s of smiles from the Muslim people here and my respect for them has heightened-they are beautiful people and its a shame our media pumps fear into the average U.S. citizen's mind instead and divides us from these beautiful people.

Me, personally I believe we pray to the same God and that we are all wrong and right about some things and that no one knows the ultimate truth because our knowledge and understanding of our awesome and powerful God is so limited.

And ultimately in the end-He will make all wrong right and put an end to injustice, rule with peace and perfect agape love and all people from all over the world will finally be ONE.

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.