Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

The Winds of Change are Blowing

USA | Monday, 31 August 2009 | Views [121]

My alarm wakes me this morning.  Dawn has yet to break and I am resistant, as always, to leave the comforts of my bed.

I sit here now by the window side and wait for morning.  She is slowly appearing and the birds are creating a beautiful song in praise of her.

The sky turns from dark to light quickly and I can see lines of pink stretching across the horizon.

I want to wander out of my house, up the street until I see the sun.  I'd plant myself under a tree and imagine that all is well in the world as I watch this beautiful miracle that happens each morning.  Waiting for the sun to warm the ground, I'd give thanks for this day before me, opening my eyes to all that is admirable and good.  Praising the one who gives us life and finding joy in the mundane tasks that will soon fill my day.

My prayer this summer has been this, "O Lord help me keep you at the fore front of my mind.  May I rest in your faithfulness and trust in your goodness as you give me strength to live out my day."

I desire and seek thankfulness, peacefulness and contentment.  I am learning to look within for these virtues and trying not to allow my circumstances to steal them away from me.

My season of hard work under the sun is coming to an end.  I have learned much, endured the heat, made new friends and fought often for this thankful heart.  As this season ends a new one awaits me; one that'll take me far away from here.  Over the oceans, away from the comforts of home and the love of my family, but to places that will OPEN MY EYES WIDE and GROW MY HEART BIG. 

As I live with families and exchange smiles and knowledge with my neighbors overseas I hope to come back knowing the similarities we people share; understanding more fully that we are ONE, united by God's great love under this big beautiful sun.

Tags: morning, season of change, sunrise, thankfulness

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.