Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

Medicine

USA | Monday, 16 March 2009 | Views [179]

My body and soul crave natural beauty.  Driving down to Ojai yesterday worked its magic inside of me.  Fields of yellow wild flowers are taking over the valleys of California.  I must have seen at least 15 different kinds of wild flowers, each having its romance with the wind and my heart as their colors entered into me.  The sun bounced around in-between the clouds, the ocean spoke in the language of peace, the butterflies flew in the spirit of freedom, the wind rushed through the window into the car and its chill made me alive and happy to be.

We journeyed on, stopped and picked some avocados and oranges from the giving trees on the roadside.  Then we visited the Ojai Foundation, a sacred home and place of learning to many.  Natural buildings such as tepees and yurts provided a cozy place for one to find shelter, there was a sweat lodge, a community kitchen, lots of plants, some wise old trees, a place to watch the sunrise and a place to watch it set.  We spent some time in a kiva which is a natural dwelling carved out of a stone.  Afterwards we went to a natural hot spring nestled in-between the mountains in the valley below beside a babbling creek whose music accompanied the love song of the frogs, calling out to each other on this half-moon night.  I nestled myself between two rocks in a perfectly hot pool and starred up all night at the moon.  The ring around the moon was in golden and blue hues and I felt its center inside of me, in complete unity.  After many hours we went back to the Ojai Foundation and shared a fire with our new friend Eddie and then we went to Rebecca and Matthews where we met them and stayed in the warehouse that was their home.  Now I am back beside the babbling stream, where the warm water is soothing me.  The sun is on my back, the wind on my arms, rocks on my feet and peace inside of me.  I’m trying to remember all I was taught yesterday, but I am rather content to know it’s a part of me and while it may not manifest itself in words or even thoughts, its beauty is found deep in my heart.

I met Rebecca and Matthew through an amazing network called couch surfing.  Couch Surfing connects people from all over the world as it provides an alternative way to travel.  I love couch surfing not just because it gives me a free place to stay, but mostly because it increases my hope in humanity and shows me that there are a lot of people out there who still believe in taking care of each other.  I have entered into the homes of many strangers this year and have left as a friend.  Currently there are 1 million people involved in couch surfing and if you are not one of them I encourage you to consider joining, you can surf, host or just meet for coffee.  Check it out at couchsurfing.com

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.