Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

Athens

USA | Saturday, 24 January 2009 | Views [199]

I'm high off the vibes of Athens tonight after dancing to the beats of the Ragbirds with a room full of happy people and some of my closest friends.  A silly smile seems to be stuck on my face as my socks stuck to the sticky dance floor of Jackie O's tonight.  It's 2 am and everyone's asleep, but I'm too energized to lay my head down.  Athens is just that place for me that feels so right to be.  When reflecting on this week and all I have done I knew that a visit to Athens wouldn't be complete without camping out in the living room, so I decided to pitch my new tent and now I truly feel at home.  This is my shelter, my abode, my hiding place and in here I feel so safe.

So many things make Athens home to me and being here has filled me with something that I had gone without for too long.  The gathering of friends for a hot cup of soup on a cold winter day, the laughter and warmth that fills the walls of 43, the holding of hands to give thanks, the squeaky stairs, hummus and wine at Salams, Dave screaming in our yard along with piles of college guys on the floor after an intense battle scene with sticks, the abiding Spirit of God, the Timothy House and all the people there that make it a home, seeing familiar places as I walk down the street, forgetting about time as I sip on tea and read in Donkey Coffee, babysitting Madeline and holding her in my arms, playing games and eating Chinese with Daisha, being at the Hannah House, talking for hours to people I really care about, Good Works Staff Meeting, watching Planet Earth, forgetting about the word loneliness, and being thankful for an abundance of good and unique people.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.