Existing Member?

The Global Redhead

Bus Rides And A Passion For Writing

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 15 September 2008 | Views [137]


So when I travel on the bus on the way home from work (hey, it's better then clocking up the mileage on my vintage wheels!) I see people, places and incidents that always make me want to write something. Today I got to thinking about stereotypes and the cast's we all assume. There was this kid on the bus, he boarded at the Subways stop at the top of town and at first glances one might have been forgiven for muttering *chav* under one's breath. However, after a little observation while listening to the melodious voice of Seth Lakeman on my mp3, I dicovered that this lad was not as he seemed. For starters, under the baseball cap he had long hair - not something typically associated with the chav empire. Secondly, he had the sort of lovely, well kept facial hair usually seen on surfers/free spirits/hippies/indie boys. But thirdly, he had manners. He said hello to people, got up for the old, carried someones shopping and talked about his time in thiland. I was actually quite shocked! Under the facade of an evil chav was the soul of the kind of guy I would usually go for. Not to mention the long hair.
So it made me think, what sort of casts do we all place ourselves in? I choose freespirit/hippy for myself as I believe it best reflects my views and beliefs on life and to be honest, I love thai fisherman pants, tams, slouchy shoulder bags and hareem trousers.

What stereotypical 'slot' have you places yourself in?

About kooju


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.