Existing Member?

Turkey - India - Nepal - China...

On the road to Nepal

INDIA | Monday, 20 November 2006 | Views [789]

the night train to Gorahkpur (way to Nepal) was a sweet exprience. It was supposed to be 14h hours long but it was about 20h long. No worries, it was confortable. I slept very well. Then we took our first Indian bus. The driver was driving the bus as if it was an autorickshaw. Crazy.

we appreciated our first views of the indian countryside.

Bulls drawing hay on large trails, women with kids working in plantation fields, men cutting wood with axes, teenager running after a cow, kids running to the bus at each stop, to sell us some local sweets, nuts, bananas, monkeys on the sides of roads, :)

that's how we saw many short scenes of their everydays rural life.

the border was grotty and dark grey, just a hell of traffic jams in which we found the immigration office.

after sleeping in the little town of Buddha's birth place, we decided to leave to Katmandu. We will probably come back in this pleasant little town, on the way back to India.

the road to Katmandu was breathtaking. Sure, it was another crazy driving session, with our heavy and slow bus overpassing trucks, with no visibility, on tiny road with green mountain on the right and gorges on the left. We had the first view to the Kingdom of Nepal. People are very nice, helpful, and allways excited to meet a foreigner. Food is GOOD !

Tags: On the Road

About kokoricooo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.