Existing Member?

Wide Eyed Wander-Ment Queensland attack....From Brizzie to the Gold Coast..living in he moment.

Day 5 Gobsmacked in Paradise and red headband

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 13 September 2013 | Views [334]

Its 6am and im awake and full of wonder. Sitting on the edge of my bed. Ive been to the beach many times in my life and have always thought its a great place to visit but not developed that urge to stay.  i have friends from coastal towns from California to Florida and never really could completely understand their passion, desire and addiction to the ocean. After all, im a water shoe wearer at all cost. Uptight about the what ifs in just a lake or large body of water. Even when i swam un a race off the coast of St. Croix, i was in a rush to exit the sea. but here in the gold coast it is next to impossible to not catch the vibe. Now dont get me wrong. Im not at the "lets get pruned up all day n the water" stage but collectively all that surrounds me; accents, laid back attitudes, sun, sand, and easy going people DRAWS ME IN. i can say with certainty ...I WANT THIS.  It IS good for me mentally and physically and spiritually, MC. I am present. 

 

I miss Beni and will probably have to start work with the Prime Minister on easing up animal importation requirements on red head pups.

In this pace there is not the madness, or pressure of professional achievement or sales at all cost, its liberating.

And noone cares if my grammar or spelling is incorrect...that was for you JM.

AND i can freely wear a red bandana in the streets with no worry of getting judged or admonished or even shot at. Do you know how long i have wanted to run the streets with a breeze in my curls and say "look at me and my red bandana, world"? Its been ashamed and withdrawn in my drawer for months.

 

Later... 

About knoxknoxrocks


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.