Existing Member?

Fun, Food & Foreign Lands!

Hogwarts

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 15 July 2013 | Views [215] | Comments [2]

Monday 15 July 2013

I arrived at the market town of Hexham (http://www.visitnorthumberland.com/hexham) last night and it was wonderful to see Sarah and Sophia.  Love the daylight saving in the UK and France as it gets dark around 10.00pm.  

This morning Sarah and I went for a walk around Hexham and popped in to the abbey (http://www.hexhamabbey.org.uk/).  The abbey is lovely and Sarah and Jason were lucky to have their wedding there as well as Sophia's christening.  After collecting Sophia from nursery school we hit the road and headed towards the market town of Alnwick which is also where Alnwick castle is located.  Alnwick castle is where the Duke of Northumberland lives but is now known as the location of Hogwarts of Harry Potter fame.  We went to the Alnwick Garden which is part of the property of Alnwick Castle (http://www.alnwickgarden.com/) and had been created by the Duchess of Northumberland.  Gorgeous gardens and was lovely to spend the afternoon wandering around.

Another lovely day and the weather is fabulous and hope it will continue for a couple more days.

Cheers, Karen x

 

Comments

1

Sounds like you are having an AMAZING time Kazza! I am loving the photos. Stay well, Nikki xo

  Nikki Matthews Jul 16, 2013 3:42 PM

2

Coco, loving the updates! Hope you're having a great time. Check your email for my final strict instructions on what to do in NYC.
When do you get to Florence?!

  Ralph Jul 17, 2013 5:18 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.