Existing Member?

Katie can't sit still "Life is good if you're brave enough to live it the way you want to".

Fremantle, WA

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 16 October 2007 | Views [561]

After another flight....5 hours to perth! ( qantas was really nice though with personal tvs in each seat and yummy food) i arrived on teh otehr side of australia. I got my bag and got the hell out of the airport! louise was there with a guy from teh old firestation hostel to pick me up in a very classy white van. we drove to the hostel, which, surprise, used to be a firestation. its a big comfy homey place with lots of interesting people. my time here can be summed up as; relaxing and fun. fremantle is one of the oldest towns in australia, and  it is also where quigley down under goes in the movie of the same name. its a cool and quiet laid back artsy town with lots of seconhand bookshops, coffee shops and art galleries. there are about 4 beaches around here and they are all lovely. its beautiful to say that i swam in the  indian ocean! it was a bit scary with the shark helicopters flying overhead, but no sharks were around. one guy we were with did get his man bits stung by a jellyfish though, and one of the canadian girls we were with had to pee in a cup so he could neutralize the sting! priceless. i succeeded in drawing almost everyone's caricatures, and they were all thrilled and i was even amazed at how well i had captured everone's likenesses...maybe because all the people here are caricatures to me, small bits of large personalities jammed into two weeks for me to discover. anyway, i met some great people and i wish i could be staying longer, once again. leaving is an interesting thing to do and its hard on your soul. no wonder why people have a hard time going places...because leaving is the hardest thing to do. 

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About kmccabe

just me.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.