Existing Member?

Katie can't sit still "Life is good if you're brave enough to live it the way you want to".

Sydney, Australia

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 16 October 2007 | Views [450]

Right. In the airport in Nadi, fiji, my heart was heavy and i felt like i had just broken up with someone for no reason. i was in a haze and felt strange to be leaving fiji so soon. I was sitting near my gate, waiting for my flight, when an american girl from chicago recognized me from the flight from LA. we got to talking, and discovered we had paralell lives...complete with irish boyfriends, being 25(26) years old, and having similar travel plans. We stuck together, and while in sydney, i ended up cancelling my reservation at my hostel to stay with her and her american transplant friends living in Chippendale! we spent the afternoon and eveing walking around downtown stydney, saw the harbour bridge, the opera house, the rocks, and feeling jet lagged, and overwhelmed being in a big city after being in fiji. that evening we drank lovely australian wine with her friends from chicago, and they let me stay the night and let me take a REAL shower and do laundry! meeting nice people leaves a softness in your heart. i left early the next morning for yet another flight to perth with qantas airlines...

Tags: Adventures

About kmccabe

just me.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.