Existing Member?

Katie can't sit still "Life is good if you're brave enough to live it the way you want to".

Sydney, Australia part 2

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 18 October 2007 | Views [526] | Comments [3]

Good evening, or good morning, depending on where you are!

I arrived in Sydney again yesterday. I left Fremantle hungover and tired, and unfortunately, i only slept for about 45 minutes for the 5 hour flight. I just couldnt do it. I arrived in Sydney and got a cab to my hotel, and its the weirdest place ever. i have a single room with a tv, fridge, toaster, kettle, and a little table and chair but...no bathroom! the shower and toilet are somehwere else down the hall. its a strange place, like a cross between a hotel and hostel. oh well! its in a good location, with the bus stop directly in front of the door. i wandered around newtown last night, and got some food and a bottle of strongbow australian cider, and hunkered down with my chicken burger and cider and some house and passed out until 10 am today. i took a harbor ferry cruise around the north of sydney harbor, which was nice but uneventful. i then went to the australian wildlife park and got to see wallabies, koalas and other "ozzie" animals. i then went nextdoor to the aquarium, which was spectacular. they have the largest coral reef display in the world ( so they say) and have an underwater tunnel where you can walk with sharks and stingrays and fish swimming next to and above you. it was mesmerizing, and breathtaking. that is in darling harbour, about a 20-30 minute walk from the harbour bridge/sydn.opera house, so i walked back and now i am trying to head home, but i decided to hit the net and do a quick update. i am very excited to see paul and to finally get to new zealand! i feel like i have been away for so long sometimes, but i havent even been gone for a month yet! see you in new zealand!

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Have a great time Katie! Say hi to PAUL!

  Susan Oct 19, 2007 9:01 AM

2

Dearest Katie:

Yahoo!!! Today is 'the DAY'!!!! 10/19!!!!

I have been thinking it was 'far off' and then just earlier today I realized that at our 5 PM you'd be boarding your flight from Sydney (7 AM) to Aukland!! And at our 8 PM you'd be landing in Aukland (1 PM) - finally reuniting with PAUL!!!!

Joyeux Rendezvous!!!!!

Love, Luck & Laughter,

Auntie Joanne/Nana/Uncle Patrick

  Auntie Joanne Oct 19, 2007 9:10 AM

3

Glad to hear from you and see the pics. Sounds like your having a trip of a lifetime. Keep us posted on your New Zealand journies. All the best to Paul.
Love, Johnny, SUe and Juliana

  John and Sue Oct 21, 2007 5:02 AM

About kmccabe

just me.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.