Existing Member?

Round The World Adventures "The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbour"

Art Deco Heaven

USA | Monday, 12 November 2007 | Views [463] | Comments [1]

What a relief to go from 11 deg C in New York to 25 deg C in Miami.  I parked myself in South Beach for 3 nights (thanks for the tip Russ) and totally chilled out.  For the first time since leaving Africa I could wear a t-shirt and shorts again.  Now that´s my kind of weather!

I stayed in a hostel but had my own room which was more like a hotel room complete with fridge and t.v.  I was in desperate need of a decent sleep after the joys of sharing a dorm room where people come and go at ungodly hours!  I did exciting things like catch up on my laundry and get a haircut (1st one in 3 months!)

Wandering along the ocean front just on dusk was a great time to take photos of the art deco buildings creatively lit up.  South Beach has a very relaxed feel to it and if you love Art Deco you´d be in heaven.

Spanish is widely spoken here and in fact I hardly heard English spoken at all.  It´s a good way of preparing me for my 3 weeks in Central America. 

I can´t say this would be a favourite place in my travels so far, but it was great chilling out here after the frenetic pace of New York.

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Good to hear someone is enjoying warm weather 'cos it certainly 'aint us!! You got away from Aberdeen just in time we had the first snow of the season. OK it didn't stick but there WERE snowflakes.
Cheers,
enjoy the rest of your travels.
Michelle, Andrew, Gemma, Sophie and Alistair

  Michelle & Andrew Winter Nov 12, 2007 7:07 AM

About kiwigypsy


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.