Existing Member?

Chumleys tales across the globe

Feeling at one with nature, dolphins made me cry and naked yogis...

INDIA | Thursday, 19 January 2012 | Views [769]

The taxi ride to Palolem was bloody awf!! We were all nursing dodgy bellies, and Vicky eventually had to get out and be sick!! When we got there we were all desperate to dump our stuff and eat...so we found these basic little beach huts which were located right on the beach!! I loved the place immediately...it was completely different to the craziness of Anjuna, completely chilled and the perfect place to enjoy the sun and watch the days go by!!

The first night was a bit of a write off for ang and vicky who felt so ill they just had to sleep!! However, Joel, Louisa and I took a walk along the stretch of the beach to eat and soak up the serene and peaceful atmosphere. All the restaurants were on the beach front, and most had BBQs sporting the local catch of the day. I was in need of a good fish!!! The next day we all just chilled and topped up the tannage. However I had to take a trip to the local quack as I had developed a horrendusly infected coleslaw which was petruding disgustingly from my lip...it was vile!! It looked like leprosy and I was begining to panic that I DID have leprosy. But the docs just gave me some anti biotics and vitamins.....and with the help of Joels prayers (I made everyone pray that it would get better, people were dodging me on the street!!!)...it did eventually get better!!!

The next day we decided to be pro active (get up early for once!!) and take a boat trip to see some dolphins etc. I wasnt expecting to see any but we did....I was soooooo happy!! I simply love them. I felt at one with nature, and this feeling continued throughout the day as we did a spot of fishing (Vicky caught one!!) and Angie caught a poisonus eel which we had to let go, apparently if we had touched it we would need 12 injections!!! ooh errr!! We then went to a secluded beach called "butterly beach"....it was bloody lovely, and sitting on the rocks overlooking the ocean I was begining to feel rather emotional!! It was then that I realised I really did not want to leave India so soon!!

The next couple of days were spent just topping up tannage, eating, drinking and doing what we do best-laughing and being silly!!  However we decided that we really must go out one night...so we got a few bevvies in after dinner, and then went for cocktails at COCKTAILS AND DREAMS (pound for a mojito, bargain!!).....however nothing exciting was really happening, and no-one but Vicky and I were really up for getting right on it!! So we got a tuk tuk to one of the silent discos that happen in the jungle. We werent expecting much but omg it was bloody AMAZING!! The place was heaving with westerners, and we had 3 channels to choice from all of which were wicked....they even played a bit of JENNA G, so was v. chuffed with that. Anyway we met a group from Jersey and ended up partying with them all night......they were hilarous, if but a bit CHAVTASTIC!!]

After the party had finished and Vicky had had her "moment" to Mr Brightside...we had noooo money for a taxi back to the beach so had to jump on the back of 2 random mopeheads with 2 indian blokes. In case they got the wrong idea I told them we were married cage fighters so they "better watccchhh outtt..." if they wanted to mess with us!! It was a good ploy but I doubt they believed us. Anyway we arrived safely!! We headed straight back to cocktails and dreams to watch the sunrise and OMG we saw dolphins AGAIN but this time right up near the shore. I think I cried!! Vicky was tired so we eventually went back to the hut to find that it had been infested with bees...I managed to get stung, but this could not kill my buzz...so I took Vickys Ipod and walked the strech of the beach my feet in the waves listening to vocal trance and feeling VERY in awe of the world...feeling utterly content and happy with my life!!

The walk itself was also hilarious because I kept seeing random old men doing naked yoga!! I contemplated joining in, but then I remembered my promise to myself....so headed back to the hut to lie in the hamoc. Joel had awoken by this point so we took another walk, had lunch in clifftop cafe and chatted all about the meaning of leeeff. What better way to spend a day!!

That night we ate in a fancy restaurant (well fancy for India!!)...I had fish and chips, banofee pie and even a glass of red...how very delightful!! This was our last night in Palolem, and in fact our last night in Goa. I was sad to say goodbye, but excited about moving on to pastures new!!!!

Goodbye Goa, Hello Kerala!!

to be continued

About kittychumley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.