Existing Member?

Wanderings and Misadventures of The Toes Ramblings of a fledgling traveler...

Butterflies are bastards

CANADA | Wednesday, 17 February 2010 | Views [909] | Comments [1]

I'm back home from the Vancouver visit. I had a blast and it was great to catch up with a good friend in person. Now it's time to finalize everything for the big trip.

My plans are changing again! I never had a solid itinerary anyhow so it's not a problem; just tricky to work out. Unfortunately I won't be meeting up with one of my friends for Jordan so I may just set that trip aside for a while. Now I'm looking at what to do in Japan after the pilgrimage. I would love to climb Mt. Fuji but I'm not sure how financially feasible it is since the season only opens in July. Maybe I'll leave Japan sooner and return in a couple of months? It's so hard to decide.

The departure date is so near now and I'm in a very strange place mentally. Some nights I start thinking about it and have mini panic attacks. I know it will all work out though. This whole experience is quite a rush; freaky, but a hell of a way to know you're alive.

I think I'll go play with my gear and see how everything fits in my (ridiculously huge, what was I thinking?) bag.

Tags: countdown, itinerary, preparation

Comments

1

Hey Toes,

I wouldn't stick to one solid itinerary if I were you. You'll be constantly meeting new people and perhaps tag along with them to an unplanned destination. Of course, you know this and it is what you decide to make of it. Your panic attacks, maybe it's the initial shock of "what the $%$# am I doing" mixed with a little culture shock. Give it a few more days and you'll realize exactly what it means to be alive!
Bon voyage!

  Fifi von Froufrou Feb 23, 2010 7:44 AM

About kitschey

Yongmeori Coast, Jeju Island

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.