Existing Member?

Wanderings and Misadventures of The Toes Ramblings of a fledgling traveler...

Wild, Wild West (?)

CANADA | Saturday, 30 January 2010 | Views [427]

Well, maybe not so wild, but pretty nifty!

I've been in Vancouver for nearly a week now. Bam. What a place to be! It's really something to wake up to mountains in the morning (as well as the sounds of the sky train). The air seems fresher here too, but maybe I've just been getting out more.

My time has been spent playing the tourist role though having a friend living here spices things up. While she's at work most of my activities have involved losing my way through the various districts of the city. So far I'm impressed though getting yelled at by a 'street person' was an exceptional experience. The hippies are quite rad too.

The thing that has impressed me most: people know how to use escalators here! If they stand on it they'll stay to the right side, leaving space on the left for others to ascend. Wow, Ontario should take a lesson from this.

I'm itching to get my day started, maybe cross more sights off the list. If I'm lucky I may even pick up more gear for the big trip.

The view from the apartment window

The view from the apartment window

Tags: vancouver

About kitschey

Yongmeori Coast, Jeju Island

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.