Existing Member?

DreamOn

Hong Kong

HONG KONG | Saturday, 24 March 2007 | Views [352]

Got the visa after queuing for a couple of hours in the freezing cold.

After a fifteen hour flight with a stop over in Doha, Qatar I finally arrived in Hong Kong.

Not much to say about Hong Kong except fantastic for shopping crap for sightseeing, not good when it's the first stop on your itinerary. 

It was awesome for dual language signing so looking like an idiot I took the opportunity to take pictures of important signs so should I get stuck in China I can at least show them the picture. Thought that was really inventive of me until Simon emailed with the same suggestion! 

Did the the obligatory tram ride up to Victoria Peak and went out to Lantau Island to visit the world's largest outdoor sitting Buddha. Note how many adjectives I'm using ;-) Unfortunately went to lunch at just the wrong time so by the time I got to see the Buddha it was encased in mist.

Went on the Victoria Harbour cruise to take some stunning panoramic pictures of the sky scrapers, that was the plan unfortunately sea sickness meant I spent the majority of the journey with my eyes closed!

Tags: Sightseeing

About kirank


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.