Existing Member?

The Travel Bug

Georgious Gavi!

USA | Saturday, 21 June 2008 | Views [341] | Comments [2]

I made it!  It has been a beautiful and relaxing trip so far.  My journey from the U.S. took a total of about 20hours so needless to say I was very happy to get to my first hotel in Como.  I didn't really have any problems, flights went very well (except the annoying 16yr old love birds on the seat next to me from Seattle to London)...made it to Milan fine, bus ride from the airport to the train station was interesting as it was pooring down rain and the bus driver was talking on the phone and texting while driving in true Italian style not paying attention to any of the street signs!  Quite a ride! 

The Milan train station was HUGE!  I got my ticket fine for the next train but once on the platform had troubles finding where my train took of from.  I ran down the 30some odd stairs to talk to the only ticket guy in english with 5min left before the train left.  He told me which platform and I had to run allllll the way to the other end of the platform...and missed my damn train!  Had a minor melt down tears and all purely from utter exhaustion at that point.  But pulled myself ogether and thank goodness there was another train an hour later.  Got to Como rather late and never thought I would be so happy to see my brother standing at the top of the stairway waiting for me at the station.  All in all not a big problem. 

Como was georgious but now in Gavi...wedding tonite!  Our hotel over looks vineyard after vineyard simply amazing!  Last nite there were fireflies scattered all over the ground and it was simply magical! Got a bit burned by the pool yesterday so going into town to get some sunscreen!  Ciao!  Will be in touch soon! I tried to upload some pictures but could not figure it out? Tommorow I travel to Firenze!  Wish me luck!

Comments

1

congratulations on making it! And send my best wishes to Judith and Klemens! Love to you all!

  Karen Jun 22, 2008 10:05 AM

2

I'm soooo glad you're having a magical time so far!! You knew that connecting to your train would be hard :( but I also knew you'd pull through! Hope you had fun at the wedding last night, hope your dress worked out! I can't wait to see picuture... and I miss you!!

  Pilly Jun 23, 2008 7:51 AM

About kimroehl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.