Existing Member?

The Travel Bug

To freak or not to freak?

USA | Sunday, 15 June 2008 | Views [289] | Comments [1]

Welp that is it!  I am packed...animals dropped off...plane ticket printed up.  So now is the queston....When am I going to freak out?  I feel lost in an inbetween world of realities at the moment.  You know all the little stuff you have to think of before a trip...bills that need to be mailed... coffee maker off blah blah blah...but now I am trying not to think too hard into the future of my trip.  

Today I have been extremely emotional...and that is not normally like me to well up tears every few minutes for an unexplicable reason.  I have felt today that I am allowing myself the grievance of leaving my life behind.  At the moment I have all my life belongings in boxes stored waiting for the next "home", my animals my babies are dispersed all over Washington, and here I am leaving to go walk around Italy.  I feel as if I am shedding a new skin to release the guilt of the past, but yet knowing that I will come home to my beloved family, friends and animals I wonder what my view will be of those friendships, intimate relationships with those I love.  It is frightful but yet so empowering and I guess it is just coming out in tears.

This is not just a vacation for me to go relax it is a journey of letting rid of emotions, stipulations, burried treasures of guilt and really exploring what I need from my life.  Everytime I have gone overseas it has broadened my third eye into seeing my true inner self concious.  It is rather scary to confront all that but as my grandmother says "the past is part of the present" therefore I better get truckin to the future and deal with the past to really enjoy the present.

This is a bit heavy I know, but hopefully the next one I won't be so freaked out and will be loving the experience.  Ciao!  Until Italia! 

Egh!  The flight!

Much love

xoxo

K to the I to the double M Y!

Comments

1

I so want you to get what you want on this trip and we will be following your progress through Italy. You are our favorite granddauaghter.

Love you,
Grandma and Grandpa

  Gma and Gpa Jun 18, 2008 10:05 AM

About kimroehl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.