Existing Member?

The Travel Bug

What does life have to offer?

USA | Monday, 9 June 2008 | Views [387] | Comments [5]

I have set up this Journal so you can tag a long with me on my journey trough Italy. I am not sure really where to start...Well I guess from the beginning.

The trip originated because our dear family friend in Germany is getting married. Can I just say how excited I am for the wedding! I know it is going to be a blast because first off it is a week long celebration in wine country Gavi! Also I know it will be a kick ass party because if you know the Clem he knows how to have a good time! Once I knew I was going for the wedding (thank you VERY much mom and dad for the wonderful gift of flight!) I figured...when in Rome! So now my trip has grown to a 3week adventure.

My trip will be Originating in Lake como to spend some time with the fam, then to the wedding in Gavi for four days, then off I go from Milan to Florence for three days. This will be my first days on my own, not to mention my BIRTHDAY! I will be spending my birthday probably at the top of the duomo over looking the sunset on the tuscan valley.....ahhh can not wait!

I will then be venturing to Siena for a total of six nights. I am super excited about this leg of the trip because I will have plenty of time to RELAX! If you know anything about me I have been through some rough times in the past years. We all have them at one time or another and they can be extreme to us in all different ways...but for me my journey in life is just starting to get fun. I am looking forward to spending time really searching my soul.


There is nothing like being away from home and really learning what it is you appreciate about your life. I am at such a unique place in my life that I feel my options are endless for the future.

After plenty of wine drinking and day trips out to the coast I will spend my last days in Rome doing the usual tourist activities.

Now that you know my reason for this journey I hope you check in now and again to say hello! Much love and harmony! See you in Italia!!!!!!!

Comments

1

Have tons of fun and dont pass out on the stairs, HAHAHA.

  Renee Jun 14, 2008 3:09 PM

2

I'm so glad you get to do this! You deserve it. I hope you come back feeling refreshed and invigorated.

  Sara Jun 16, 2008 4:19 AM

3

Kim--have a wonderful time. You'll be amazed at what a little time away from "real life" will do for your prespective when you get back..Love ya! Karen

  Karen Jun 19, 2008 12:31 PM

4

Hi to my favorite granddaughter,
I'll try again, last message didn't show up. I'm sure this experience will be wonderful for you. Love you lots.
Gma and Gpa

  Bob and Velma Jun 20, 2008 4:19 AM

5

life is full of answers cause you will know until it happen you feel me so only thing i want you people to do is just work hard at what you do and be proud of yourselve.

  lilpluto Jan 27, 2012 3:06 AM

About kimroehl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.