Existing Member?

The Travel Bug

Firenze!

USA | Monday, 23 June 2008 | Views [293]

Damn Americans!  Hahahaha....I cought both of my trains just fine yesterday to Florence.  Funny Story though...I got on an Express train from Milan to Florence and not knowing sat in a first class seat.  I got on thinking wow these express trains are very nice!  Laid back enjoyed the view...about 2hrs into a 4hr train ride the ticket guy asked for my ticket and he stamped it then asked me to please stand up and leave the train!  I got very confused and asked what I did wrong he just said you do not belong here!  So me being me I said and where do you think I belong then?  I bought the ticket see!  He then told me to grab my bags and grabbed my arm and escorted me 9 cars up to 2nd class showed me my seat and said "you stay here!".... Literally just about shit my pants at that time thought I was getting thrown off the train in Ghetto Bologna!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I just had to laugh!  The thing that sucked was that 2nd class has no air conditioning so I got to sweat balls for the last bit!

I can not even explain the wedding in the 4 min I have to be online... By far the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to.  While Judith and Clem were doing the vows there were butterflies circling their heads, vineyard in the background.  Dinner was in the wine celllar and the most dramatic entrance to a dinner I have every experienced.  They had Opera very loud as you walked down the stone stairs into to the cellar.  Tea lights are all that lit the long stone archway hall to the area of dinner.  I can not even put it into words it was so well put together!

Florence is HUGE!  Very tall buildings everywhere so there is no hope if you do not have a good map.  Freaking Rick Steves maps sucks monkey nuts!  After getting off a 6hr train journey at 5pm it took me an hour to find my hotel which is only 4 blocks from the train station because the map he gives has only main streets.....I no longer trust him!  Once I got to my hotel...by luck I was sweating profusely out of every pore on my body.  Got to my hotel and there was no answer so I had to find a phone to call them and finally got into my hotel....ah a shower!  Lovely!

Today is my Birthday!  Happy Birthday to me! Walking around the market buying fun trinkets for friends then going to climb the duomo later tonite.  It is very hot at least 85....okay out of time.  Love yous Miss friends!

About kimroehl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.