Existing Member?

My Way To capture every aspect of my journeys along the Caminos de Santiago. From planning to walking to home again, I want to record the feelings, insights, experiences and transformation that occur for me every step of The Way.

The Heat Cometh

SPAIN | Friday, 11 May 2012 | Views [472] | Comments [1]

Can´t believe my luck in accessing the internet AND a computer two nights in a row!!!

 
The spring here is officially over, it seems, and the sun is ramping up the temperature. Up until Monday we saw a lot of clouds, mist,  cool temperatures and rain...and I mean RAIN! which equals thick, red mud that make ones shoes as heavy as winter boots and river crossings that equal a days worth of wet shoes and itchy feet...No longer!!! Yesterday was a gorgeous 28C and today it reached 30C! Lovely, to be sure, but made for a long 33kms over paved roads and mountainous terrain today! Saw a lot of pilgrims come into the albergue (in the middle of nowhere!) dehydrated and exhausted! It´s a quick transition and took us all off guard.
 
 I know 33kms may not sound like a lot to some of you, but we do this day after day, many of us since Seville, and though we're strengthening and building more and more endurance every day, really getting into the flow now...the weather and terrain are always influential factors. The roads are toughest on the legs and the noise pollution sucks. Plus there´s generally no shelter from the elements. Yesterday was perfect, plains and fields, dry trail and sun...ahhh, cherish those moments! 
 
My feet, it seems, are healed! Sure, they were swollen pretty good today, but the heat and distance does that to us all. I know I owe this rapid healing partly to you, friends and family, who sent me multiple forms of healing energy via prayer, reiki, bowen, imagery, and just through loving me. I am so very grateful, thank you! I am only taking 50mg of anti-inflammation meds a day now and doing lots of stretching and applying of the glorious Traumeel. 
 
Tomorrow is up in the air...this is a week of many long distance hikes and tomorrow could prove to be either a 20km day, or a 40 km one. Pray with me that it´s the former rather than the latter, especially if it's hot again! It all depends on the albergue, as, at the 20km mark, it only hosts 12. The day after is another 30, then another 30km. I haven't even looked to see what follows...remember, it's day by day now.  
 
I hope this finds each of you well. I miss you all. Don´t know when I'll have access again, but thinking of you until that time...
 
Kim, out. xoxo

Comments

1

Thinking of you everyday. I know that the spirits and your guardian angel are guiding are protecting you every step of the way. Your new family sounds so wonderful! You are on such a marvelous journey to healing. My prayers are with you.... I Love You and am so proud of you!!! Keep smiling and singing.

  Mum May 14, 2012 10:03 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.