Existing Member?

My Way To capture every aspect of my journeys along the Caminos de Santiago. From planning to walking to home again, I want to record the feelings, insights, experiences and transformation that occur for me every step of The Way.

Camino del Interior or the Way Inside

SPAIN | Thursday, 31 October 2013 | Views [552] | Comments [3]

Hola Familia y Amigos!

As I walk out of Irun there is a slight drizzle floating in the air, bringing the deep greens of the grass, the black of the tarmac and burnt yellows of the leaves into rich clarity. The temperature is crisp and cool, and I gulp in huge breaths of the fresh, clean air. As I turn a corner of a back country road the forest opens before me, all reds, browns, greens and yellows. A herd of goats is grazing in the pasture to my right and a rainbow shows itself high in the sky above. I burst into tears...of joy, of gratitude...of understanding THIS is exactly where I'm meant to be! Where my heart wants to be...back in the forest, back in nature, in quiet solitude. I feel really thankful that Spirit knew where I needed to be and delivered me here - and that I was willing to be guided and didn't put up resistance.

So, the first 34kms brings me to Andoain. I haven't seen another pilgrim all day. Upon arrival I know I have to pick up the key at the police station because my good friend Juan, the Camino expert, has told me so. I trek over to the station, get the key, offer to pay, and they tell me it's free! Awesome! I return to the albergue and no one is there and, over the duration of the evening, no one else shows up. I have the entire place to myself! I have heard other pilgrims say it is a spooky experience for them to be in  a big, empty albergue alone, but I don't feel that way at all! I take a long, hot shower without worrying about anybody waiting their turn. I read until 11pm with the lights on because I can. This morning, because I have a computer all to myself and can take all the time I want to browse, (no one will be at the police station until 9:30am to receive the key and I've only 11kms to walk today) I decide to check into the Shamanic Power Path site...one of my faves...and read up on Lena's message for October. I know it's a little late to be reading up about a month that is practically over, but I'm curious and I find myself stunned at what she has to say as it directly mirrors my experience...from shutting down and unplugging from routine, to collective exhaustion, to rebooting and renewing self.

Is it egoistic to say that I feel really tuned in to myself, others, and the planet? I feel like my psychic energies have erupted and expanded x 100! I feel like Lena's message only confirmed my ability to be completely in tune with collective energies and insights, that I'm tapping into the Universal as a lifestyle now. And on this, the day of Hallow's Eve AND a new galactic spin, a time of turning...and tuning in, I want to give thanks for the guidance of Spirit, Universal synchronicity, Mystery and Magick, and the Divine Feminine that resides within me and connects to all. 

I wish you the most magical of Holloween's! I want to see pics of those special kiddies in your lives!

Big love. Much gratitude.

Sincerely,

Kim

 

Tags: camino del interior, forests, rainbow

 

Comments

1

That reminds me of two places that Firda and I stayed during our time in Iceland. One hotel which likely had about 40 to 50 rooms only had two sets of guests. It had a little bit of a Shining vibe.

Another place we stayed at it was the two of us and one guy who was working on an addition to the building. Kind of weird as well.

  Troy Nov 1, 2013 6:30 AM

2

reminds me of an adventure in wales where we were let out in a pature off the train. the youth hostel was . .up the hill.. that way.. We walked for hours till nearly dusk and found ourselves in a little stone cottage with a man who was 'howling like a banshee' because the fire had gone out. we had only peanuts to eat. he had food that needed to be cooked. ever resourceful, I found the sacred hawthorn and asked to use her thorns to light a fire. this she granted and soon we found bits and pieces of wood blown in by the winds, enough to cook a little meal. we were, the man said, 'fairy folk'. we survived the night until the next day. a truck rolled in with provisions. we had to walk 5 miles down the road and all the neighbors came out to see who survived the snapping of the hawthorn bush, and not be stolen by the fairies. Indeed we must be one of them. soon we found ourselves feasting on breakfast sausage and eggs. then blessing the land and the cottage..we started off on our next adventure.

  Janice Nov 2, 2013 5:47 AM

3

Troy and Janice! I love you both! Your responses made me laugh out loud! The Shining...yeah, I get it! So awesome! Thanks for sharing!

  kimlyons Nov 9, 2013 10:02 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.