Existing Member?

My Way To capture every aspect of my journeys along the Caminos de Santiago. From planning to walking to home again, I want to record the feelings, insights, experiences and transformation that occur for me every step of The Way.

On My Way...Again

SPAIN | Monday, 28 October 2013 | Views [554] | Comments [4]

Hola Todos!

What does one do when they´re in a pinch and feeling a little lost? They call a friend, of course, and I am very, VERY thankful to have a good friend in mi companero, Juan. Our timing is uncanny, really. I knew he´d be in Valencia on Sunday visiting family and so, after spending Saturday night in the apartment in Valencia alone (which was heavenly! I´ve spent the past 7 weeks living and sleeping among others so all I did was sink into a book on the terrace and enjoy the sounds of Valencian night life!) I called Juan in the morning and the first thing he said upon hearing my voice was, "All ok? You need come to my house?" What a wonderful man. "Yes, Juan, I suppose I do" I replied, feeling just a teeny bit stressed. "Nothing from Mallorca...still nothing." And so he collected me and now, here I am, relaxing in his beautiful home, reading in his garden, sleeping in the cozy spare room.

Not for long, though. 

The alternate farmer that I´d contacted had told me he´d have an answer for me last Friday night. I check my email Friday night...nothing. Saturday morning. Sunday morning (using another person´s smartphone who was staying in the same apartment). Nothing. I felt wore thin, impatient and a little frustrated having to constantly be checking in and getting nothing in return. I kept thinking to myself, "I trust I am always exactly where I am supposed to be. Show me the way, Spirit. Show me where I am to go next. If not WWOOFing, where?" And the city living was not only getting expensive, it was wearing on me psycho-spiritually, as well. "Perhaps if I can´t be on the island, I simply need to be back in the country" I think to myself.

So, within being at Juan´s home for just one hour I had a map and list of all the albergues for the Camino Interior. I had a list of things to do to prepare: write the farmer I´ll be staying with from Nov 11-25, Ruth, and ask her if I can send some of my "farm gear" that Kathleen had brought for me to her; get the train schedule to Irun (yep, back to Irun!); book a flight to Mallorca early because the ferry is a ridiculous price; finish writing postcards and send them out so as not to have to carry them (50 grams is 50 grams...laugh if you will); sort out my bank accounts and move some money around; etc...And within two hours this morning, it was all done. Ruth responded immediately with a "yes" to my package request. I leave tomorrow at 10:15am for Irun. I got a one hour flight to Mallorca from Barcelona on Sunday, November 10th for 38 euros (as opposed to 7 hours on a ferry for 60 euros). Those of you who sent me their address...your postcard is on its way. Everything just unfolded before me, as easy as pie.

Ease. Ease has shown me My Way. 

And I´m really excited to walk again, to be honest! Juan and I looked at a few routes that I could take but decided on the Interior because it´s still in eastern Spain where the weather continues to be excellent, saves me long distance travel costs, can be done in 10 to 12 days, and is a part of the country I´ve not yet travelled. Perfect. It begins in Irun (the same starting point as the Norté) but runs south, rather than west, and ends in Burgos...an easy bus ride to Barcelona and the airport. The terrain is varied (mountains and plains) and the distances between albergues are very reasonable...apart from the long 34km first day I´ll only be walking approximately 20kms or so per day thereafter. Sweet. I start walking Wednesday.

I feel very thankful for this amazing turn of events and am super grateful for my faith and trust in the direction of the Universe, guided by intuition and ease. I give thanks for my friends, near and far, who love me and offer me unwavering support and compassion. I give thanks, too, to this awesome body of mine. Get ready, feet, we´re on our Way...again!

Loving you all.

Sincerely, 

Kim

Tags: camino del interior

 

Comments

1

Sounds a lot better than working :) Have a great trip and we will hear from you when you have a chance!

  Troy Oct 29, 2013 3:44 AM

2

The way it opens, as the heart it opens.
whe we remember to breathe
to ask for help from our community
the winds they pick up our sails
and we find our boat moving again

  Janice Oct 29, 2013 3:57 AM

3

Mu-ah!! xo :)

  Nicole Oct 29, 2013 4:23 AM

4

Stay in touch, stay safe, keep smiling....Love you to the moon and back!!!

  Mum Oct 29, 2013 5:28 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.