Existing Member?

Land of Smiles

The End of one VERY long journey and the beginning of another (this one is far more exciting though)

THAILAND | Sunday, 30 March 2008 | Views [410] | Comments [2]

Well we are here and both alive and in one piece. Safia somehow ended up staying up for 38 hours with no sleep - I'll let her explain why when she gets home. We both managed to get a couple of hours on the plane and have had a couple of hours nap at the hotel before coming out to explore local area and find internet cafe, exchange place and somewhere to get a massage and pedicure.

Journey went smoothly and luggage arrived at the same time as us! We managed to find the right bus and to get to the hotel without being talked into anything.

Hotel is just like the photos we saw. Air con is bliss and sheets perfectly clean. It's an amazing building.

Still learning how to buy things and not get fleeced! I just went to a pharmacy (to buy an antiobiotic in case of traveller's tummy) and ended up buying 3 tablets instead of 2...you live and learn (fortunately just cost me slightly over a quid extra). Hehe. The pharmacist accidentally misunderstood the numbers - even though he probably trained in USA or UK. Next time will check what he has given me before I pay and expect change. :-)

Anyway, got to go and get some more baht. Hopefully will be able to update the journal regularly as there are internet cafes everywhere.

Hope everyone is doing good at home,

xxx Kim

Comments

1

I'm glad you guys have arrived safely ... hopefully you are in Thailand and not Taiwan as the location on the blog states.

Have a great time!
Lots of love and hugs,
Jen

  Jen Johnson Mar 31, 2008 9:14 AM

2

Hi Kim
Glad you have arrived safe and getting to grips with the culture. I am looking forward to reading your blog very much. Have a great time with your friends. Lots of Love Jackie x

  jackie Norman Mar 31, 2008 10:32 PM

About kimbobimbo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.