Existing Member?

Gone Fishin' Follow your dreams

All in a weeks work

PERU | Tuesday, 4 December 2007 | Views [538]

Yah, my MEAT, beef ribs if you couldn't guess.  YUMMMMMY:) A glass of Chicha, juice made of one of the zillions types of corn grown in Peru, a type of potatoe I have never seen in our grocery stores and an ear of corn.

Yah, my MEAT, beef ribs if you couldn't guess. YUMMMMMY:) A glass of Chicha, juice made of one of the zillions types of corn grown in Peru, a type of potatoe I have never seen in our grocery stores and an ear of corn.

Daily hikes out the back door into the mountains. Skulls and fruit blowing in the wind (check out the pics). Discoteca till sunrise. Peruvian bands doing covers of 80’s music. This included everything from Air Supply to Guns and Roses. Even if they don’t speak English, they know all the lyrics to these songs. Lunches at restaurant/playground/parks. You can dine outdoors and enjoy typical Peruvian cuisine while the bugs dine on you. See my plate of MEAT. Play ping-pong, billiards, swim, jump on trampolines, snooze in a hammock, ride ponies, get spit at by the random llamas, and other various children’s games and toys (but who cares about their fun…). Note to self, always enunciate correctly when speaking Spanish. One letter off can get you into trouble. I almost ordered my self a nice plate of fried “pussy”. Luckily, for this case, I was saved by a“mochista “ Latin man as he talked over my words to order my food for me. Street venders selling pets and other various items to people stopped in endless traffic jams. We gained a turtle, cat food and a round drinks before the light turned green. Gatherings of men using the gardens between the roadways as a toilet. Man fixing a naked mangled manikin on the sidewalk (unfortunately that pic was accidentally erased, it was really funny). Of course some touristing, but that is really the dull part.

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.