Existing Member?

Gone Fishin' Follow your dreams

Moquegua

PERU | Wednesday, 26 December 2007 | Views [773]

Typical street in Moquegua, lots a pollution from the cars.

Typical street in Moquegua, lots a pollution from the cars.

Moquegua is a "tranquillo" little city about 1 hour from the coast of beautiful beaches.  The city seems to be surrounded by mountains, amazing views. Everyone knows each other.  After a week here I already know enough people to stop for conversation on the street or know someone who is relaxing in the main plaza.  I am staying with a friends family.  The house is quite modern and beautiful. The original house was destroyed in the 2001 earthquake.  I am house and dog sitting for the next few weeks while the family is on holiday in the USA visiting my friend (in Washington D.C.)  funny that.  During my time here I am relaxing, learning more Spanish, and doing as much biking as possible.  It seems like every night there is some sort of festival.  Moquegua is a great city to raise a family.  My pal Marco is like my personal tour guide.  He knows all the ins and outs of the city.  The main market has anything you need from food to TVs.

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.