Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 156 - Banos

ECUADOR | Monday, 3 November 2014 | Views [300]

After getting to bed as the sun came up I only really had a short nap and then made some breakfast at the hostel. Radek and I watched a movie before I went to meet Steph and her spanish school mates for coffee and lunch at yet another fabulous little cafe. 

Her spanish teacher, Irene was awesome and took us to this cute little tipica restaurant to eat encebollados sencillo - the tastiest onion and fish soup you can find accompanied with popcorn and fried plantains. We sat and chatted for a good two hours and Irene is hopefully able to link me up with some volunteer work in a women’s shelter in the north of Peru. 

Post lunch I helped Radek file a police report for his stolen backpack and enjoyed some more couch time before meeting back up with Steph for vino after her class. We had several reds before heading to this amazing Swiss Restaurant for fondue with some of Nina’s friends. We sat and ate so much cheese and drank a lot of good wine until at least midnight - it was fantastic and of course we continued on for a second innings of those tasty and cheap mojitos. The rest of the night was almost a complete replay of the night before and just as fun. 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.