Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 153 - Banos

ECUADOR | Monday, 3 November 2014 | Views [353]

Enjoyed a slow morning breakfast taking in the view from the Secret Garden terrace before heading to the bus station for the commute to Banos. The bus was meant to take around 3 hours and while it took a good 5 hours the upside was that I made a fantastic new travel buddy through the journey, a Polish guy called Radek. We both decided to stay where Ricardo had recommended- D'Mathias. It was such a great hostel and so cheap! For $6 per night it was the cleanest, nicest place I have every stayed and full of excellent people. Total win!

Once we had checked in Radek and I spent the afternoon checking out Banos, went on a food mission for soups and juice at the local market before hiking up a million steps to the El Virgen mirador just in time to see the sun setting behind the surrounding mountains. On the way back down we sampled some random street food, including a jelly tea I can't remember the name of and then ended up settling in with some other peeps at the hostel on the couches to watch a movie.

Perfect place for some chill time.

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.