Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 138 - Bogota

COLOMBIA | Monday, 20 October 2014 | Views [283]

Given I intended to take the 5.30pm, 24 hour bus to Pasto overnight I decided to make the most of my last day in Bogota. Despite still feeling unwell in the stomach we visited our old faithful La Puerta Falsa for a second round of Chocolate Santa Fe and Tamales. 

After some travel shopping and checking out a few artisan shops I packed and then a few of us headed to another little place that was recommended for the Ajaco Santafe soup. We had to queue for a table for quite a while as the place was in high demand but we were well and truly rewarded for our wait. The Ajaco at Antigua cafe was incredible. Basically it is a chicken based soup with a cob of corn, cream, potatoes, capers and a side of avocado and rice. Sounds like an odd combination but let me assure you it really works!

Post fabulous lunch it was time to say goodbye again to excellent travel buddies, especially Becky and then head to the bus station to start the epic journey to Ecuador. Despite my taxi driver trying to charge me triple for the fare (and me having to pay double) I made it onto the bus and settled in for the windy, bumpy and long ride ahead.

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.