Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 130 - Parque Avi

COLOMBIA | Saturday, 18 October 2014 | Views [401]

Getting to bed just after sunrise we napped for a bit but were up again by 10am. Cooked up a breakfast feast in the Galleria hostel before moving to the hostel next door - Casa Kiwi. It was cheaper, had hammocks, a plunge pool and way better atmosphere so it was worth getting up to get settled in there.

We met a few other people at Casa Kiwi and decided to form a little Sunday Funday group and venture to the Cable Car and Parque Avi. Despite the fact it was freezing and pouring with rain we headed up through the hills surrounding Medellin to Parque Avi. There was a great atmosphere up there and even a market with artesian food vendors, fresh fruits and handicrafts. 

After strolling around Parque Avi, sampling fresh berries and this strange sweet cheese we headed back to Medellin for dinner. Becky and I went back to our tried and true Lebanese restaurant while the boys got pizza. We then all sat around on the hostel roof sharing a few vino tintos as the rain poured down overhead. 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.